RE: Shocks

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 19:00:30 EDT

That was my opinion (but I stand by it). Not trying to piss anyone off here
either, but I've just had bad experiences with most of the Monroe lines
(Air, Hydraulic, Gas, and High-Performance) shocks throughout the years.
WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Monroe GP's (found stock on the older Mustangs),
they just don't impress me very much at all.

The other reason for me being rather "abrasive" to Rancho...when my RS5000's
blew out (all at once on a mild "airborne maneuver", I called the Rancho
Tech line and they stated "You used the shocks for a purpose that they
weren't designed for". They're OFFROAD shocks...how AM I supposed to use
them? When I contacted the ProComp Techline, they told me "If you break
them, we'll replace them...no questions asked.". I asked them "even on a
mild 'launch'?"...they responded "Yes." (Can't beat that.) ;)

So, if you took it personally, my apologies.

- Bernd