Re: Re: Traction bars?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:26:23 EDT

only way to lower the front is to loosen the torsion bars... not something
you'd want to do. Not sure why you'd want to lower a 4x4, but I won't ask
; ) Putting the traction bar on top would be a bad idea, limiting the
amount of compression which would lead to bottoming out on the bar, which
would quickley break something...

when the bar is underneath the axle, the wrapping action will try and lift
the bed, which in turn plants the tires, thus the added traction.....

   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto