Re: VMP Chysler Classic report

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 12:10:37 EDT

 I had a pretty decent weekend at the first annual Chrysler Classic held at
Virginia Motorsports Park. The weather was unseasonably warm, but the
humidity was not that bad ... very comfortable. VMP is a very nice facility!
I happened to win the street trophy eliminator on Sat., runner-up went to
Carson's '00, 4.7, 5spd., RC. BTW: Carson's Dak on the first time trial
yesterday morning went a new best of a high 14.7 with a 60 footer in the low
2.0s and the truck is 100% stock with the exception of the muffler (O.E. Dak
R/T) .... Outstanding! On Sunday it was money race day and I came home with
a Ben Franklin for a semifinal finish in the street eliminator. It was great
seeing and talking to all the DMLers who were there. I'm for sure going to
try and make this one again next year.
Shane B.