VMP Chysler Classic report

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 20:49:28 EDT

We had awesome weather today !! WOW, what a turn out of Mopars!!
My truck cut another yoke seal on Friday so I had to leave it at home this
weekend, what a let down, I was bum'd out!! I had to spectate, which was
hard to do! Everyone was having a lot of fun running!
Shane ran consistent 14.3's today, with a few 14.4's and a 14.2. Al Adams
('96 RC 5.2L 5spd) ran a p.b. 14.57. A new DML'r Carson Henderson, who has a
truck absolutely identical to mine (4.7L 5spd RC) ran a 14.89 and his truck
was stock down to the paper air filter, he ran multiple 14.9's. Tim Berry
also ran his "fas dak" but was having tranny troubles and went out early in
elimination's. They had all elimination's this afternoon and low and behold
Mr. Baker , and Mr. Henderson were in the final, of about 25 cars!! I won't
spoil the news, Shane can report when he gets back on Monday. It was an
awesome race, and we got pictures and Video!!!!
I've got to take my truck into the dealer on Tuesday for them to look at the
trans. seal. I'm taking the lowering blocks, and traction bars off before I
go, just so they can't claim thats what is doing it.

Shane will be competing in the money rounds tomorrow, I can't make it down to
see him, but he has a real good shot at winning, his truck was very
consistent.

Matt Y2K-HEMI