Hello/2.5,trans, &diff Questions

From: dennis (spoolboy@autospeed.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 01:23:08 EDT

Hello,

My name is Dennis Doza II.

I have been fighting the Mopar addiction for about 7 years now....

One of my current projects is a 91 Dakota SB 2wd. It has the 5spd/2.5TBI combo.

I have a few questions about it.

Is there anyone on here that has done a successful install of a 2.5/2.2 turbo from a car?
I have owned and worked on several turbo fwd Dodges, including my Dad's Shelby Charger that runs 12.44@108mph(248hp@whls). So I am not new to the 2.5/2.2's;)

Do the 4/6/8cyl trucks share a common transmission? Just different bell housings?
Year to year differences?
How tough are they to rebuild?
What model(s) are they?

I have heard of a Borg Warner T5 swap kit for Dakotas, has anyone else? Got some links?

Did the 7.25" rear ever come with a limited slip or posi of any kind?

Is there an aftermarket LSD for this application?

Hope I didn't ask too many questions at once:)

==
Dennis Doza II

AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com