Re: Hello/2.5,trans, &diff Questions

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 01:55:40 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2000 12:30:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
spoolboy@autospeed.com writes:

> Is there anyone on here that has done a successful install of a 2.5/2.2
> turbo from a car?

Someone did bring that up a while back., and there was a link put up to a
site with a turbo Dak on it. I've redone the HD since then; so I don't have
it anymore. I do remember it requiring some fabrications to move the turbo &
TB from against the firewall though. Since getting into another 2.5 Dakota
project myself. I was looking more closely at it.. and shouldn't really be
that hard to make a 300HP 2.5L Dakota.
If you're going to do that.. are you needing your stock computer?? or you
still driving the truck.. I think my computer just went out.. and really
hate the thought of buying one from the dealer,. hoping to find one from a
truck that gave up it's 2.5 to go bigger.
But as for the turbo Dak. The more I look at it.. the easier it's seeming.
I have the intake & exhaust already for if I decide to do one of mine., and
have a lead on a complete turbo car to cannibalize for the rest of the parts.
but not planning on me doing that project for quite a while yet. So for
now.. I just need to get it going as stock.. then get a nice flowing
exhaust on it..
On the rear diff. Just find one from a wrecked truck with LS unit. I
wouldn't trust the 7.25 to take the beating of a turbo. Use an 8 3/4
suregrip to back a turbo.
trannys should be different. most the dodges I've seen have the bellhousing
cast into the trans. haven't looked that close under mine lately to see . If
it's a seperate part. you'll be able to get more creative.. otherwise.
you'll need to get an adapter to put a tougher tranny behind it as well.
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota WS