Re: Roller Rocker installation tips?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 22:00:51 EDT

I see from your sig you're still using a stock TB... if that's the case I
would recommend replaced that with a ported unit before going with roller
rockers. IMO, the stock TB is the 1st bottleneck in these motors.
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto

> Hello everyone,
> I'm thinking my next upgrade will be roller rockers. I still want
hedders,
> but the cost of MP hedders and the cost of having them coated is well out
of
> my budget right now. I also want to install the MP computer, which I
could
> afford, but I don't want to have to use 93 all the time, maybe when I have
> full time job, that will be different, then I can afford to run premium.
So
> it seems that roller rockers will improve my performance, work with my
other
> Mods and allow me to still run poor boys fuel. SOOO how hard are these to
> install? I'm looking at Crower 1.6 ratio and Hughes engines 1.6 Ratio.
> Hughes uses the factory pushrods and has a unique pedistal mount, theirs
sell
> for $259.00 right now. The Crower ones I found on E-bay and currently
have
> no bids with a starting bid of $100, they come with studs and guide
plates,
> but with guide plates don't I have to run hardened pushrods? If so then
the
> cost of running Crowers is right up with the cost of Hughes, and that's
> provided that I get the Rockers, guide plates ans studs for $100 and
pushrods
> at $153 (www.hughesengines.com) for hardened pushrods. How hard are the
arms
> to install? Do magnums have screw in studs, or press in? Just curious!
> Looking forward to tips and tricks!
>
> Luke
> 1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust,
> 9" open element Mr. Gasket Ait cleaner, A-500 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4,
31
> 10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
> Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10"
Brakes,