RE: 1.7 Crower Roller Rockers

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 02:12:18 EDT

A couple of things to note: If you have 3.55 gears on your 4x4, I wouldn't
waste the time or money on the 1.7s... The power band starts around 3000 rpm
and climbs from there... I say this because I have both a 00 RT with 1.7s
and a 99 4x4 w/3.55 gearing...and was going to put 1.7s on it, but now know
the 1.7s won't really do me any good as 3000 rpm isn't seen a whole lot with
3.55 gearing. The 1.6s wouldn't change the power band, only free up more hp
where isn't needed (down low).

I had a group buy going on 1.7s, but no more. List is $425 for the standard
kit (which I am running) or $535 for the kit with guide plates and pushrods.

Sam