Re: 1.7 Crower Roller Rockers

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 02:44:41 EDT

>>The more I think about this the more I think I might want to run 1.7 ratio
rockers instead of 1.6's. My truck has the stock cam for now, it probably
will forever. Will the 1.7's cause a clearance issue in a stock 1996 318?
Will I have a bunch of valve float? Those are my main concerns, the
documented power increases from people who have posted really encourage me
go to a set of 1.7's. How much did everyone's 1.7's cost, and for those of
you who bought 1.7's with guideplates and studs and pushrods, how much were
they in that kit?<<

Here's some info on Roller Rockers that I should've done before I bought.
The 1.7's will effectively increase your lift and give some power. Nothin'
wrong with that =). BUT. If you get 1.7's, you HAVE to get a taller valve
cover (Mopar Performance Valve covers). I recommenr getting some stronger
valve springs and retainers too, since you'll be in there anyway. I lucked
up and found a great deal on the Crower 1.7's for $600. This is the "PK
kit". It had pushrods, guideplates, studs, and everything. If you choose
1.6's, I recommend the Hughes Engine's. They're cheaper and the instructions
are second to none! (Or get the ones on Ebay... AHEM!! <j/k>) =)

-miggity

slammed 88 Dakota --> 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s