Re: DODGE SUCKS Need help

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 23:38:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2000 10:02:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
jack@blackdakrt.com writes:

> The dealers will do everything they can to avoid doing warranty
> repairs. including stall until your time is up. Cause most people will
> quietly go away with thier tail between thier legs (so to speak)

There are some good dealers, and some that aren't worth a sh!t.

I've worked at a few different dealerships, import, chevy, now Chrysler.
The service writers generally don't care less about if your there for
warranty or CP (customer pay), they get paid off commission, plus a base rate
(at least at the dealers I've worked at), the problem usually comes from one
or two sources.
The technition...they don't like doing warranty work...they get paid less
money, and are allowed less book time for warranty work.
The service manager...they get reamed if there warranty claim work percentage
is too high...as they say...sh!t rolls down hill.

At the dealership I work at now, they tend to warranty anything, and
everything. They have done warranty work under (customer satisfaction) well
out of the normal 3/36 warranty period.
But, I have also seen someone come in with an attitude and start bad mouthing
the people in the dealership. One guy had been to a couple of other dealers,
when he got to us, and he was out of warranty by 2 day's. He started out
TELLING the service manager that he EXPECTED his car to be fixed under
warranty.
The service manager politely told him, "go pound sand", and turned and walked
away.

Take it for what it's worth.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, homemade cold air intake
system, homemade traction bar's, and more on the way...