Re: another scumbag dealer

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 23:09:29 EST

Paul,

Also watch out if you are upside down in the r/t (owe more than it is really
worth) you can sometimes get them to say they will eat the difference if it
isn't too much. What they will try to do in financing is readd the difference
into the price of the new truck saying that you are not really paying but they
just have to show they are not paying below what your trade in is really worth.
When you look at the paper work and do the math (they will try to keep you from
doing this) you find you are being screwed that way. Been down this road before
and they were pretty slick at hiding what they were doing but I sat there with a
calculator and interest tables and did the math myself and caught them. They
told me they would do a deal then and I told them that since I just tore off a
copy of what they had done on paper i was going to use my cell phone and call
the cops for fraud. Of course I got my way but be careful this is a very popular
tactic. Hope all works out for you in your quest. I have have my financing from
my credit union and a gaureenteed from carsdirect. If they can't get the truck I
just walk away.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport - soon to be a 2001 QC!!!!!!!!