Re: Re: Really Bad V6 MPG- HELP!!

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 06:09:30 EST

I'm not sure what mods you have done to your engine, or what the spark plug gap
is for your year engine, however I would re-check what your gap setting should
be. If my memory serves - .35 is the manuf. setting for 87-96 engines. (but
dont quote me 'cus I cant remember perfectly and I can't locate my specs manual
at the moment)

> > Crap...After changing the timing belt, giving it a tune-up, new tires,
> > and new exhaust, my V6 is still only getting 10-11 MPG. Does ANYONE
> > have any ideas of what I can check?
> >
> > Two weeks and 180 miles ago, I cleaned my Autolite 3932's (gapped at

> > .45),

Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer