Re: CB

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 20:25:57 EST

> I just got a CB from a friend, and I am totally confused on where to
> mount it. It's 4.5 in. wide, and 6.5 in. deep, and I can't find a place
> to mount it. I have a Gen II, with a bench seat, and am hoping to get
> some buckets with a console. Maybe I could mount it in the console, but
> for the time being, I need somewhere to put it. Also, where do I wire it
> to, and how do I get the antenna wired to the roof. TIA.

Buy an overhead console for $50 from JC Whitney and mount it on the console.
I did this to my Dak and love it. I have one pic of the overhead console/cb
here:
http://www.bastaards.org/Preacher/Dakota/DakFriends/dakfriends.html
www.firestik.com is where I now get all my CB antenna products froms. I just
ran the CB's power wire to an accessory which is only on when the ignition
key is turned over, so I cant leave the CB on by accident. The negative wire
just just grounded to the body. I ran both these wires down the inside of
the drivers side pillar and under into the dash area; plenty of wires to tap
into under there.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6