Re: Re: More bumper paint problems...

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:31:30 EST

I already had a bad experience with a dealer on getting the bumper
repainted the first time, don't want to go through it again. Especially
since there's obvious scuffing/scratching on the opposite side that was
obvously caused by me (they'll just argue I did this as well). I've
given up on dealers. At this point, unless it's something I really
cannot fix myself (due to lack of resources or ability), I'm fixing it
myself. I'm maybe 8 months away from going out of warranty, assuming I
do'nt get an extended warranty (not sure if it's worth while or not).

I've already cleaned the aforementioned rust spot and given it a good
coat of paint. I think it's thicker than the paint that's on the rest
of the bumper.

If things get really bad after this winter, I'll remove the bumper and
take it to get coated with Line-X.