Re: 14.51 1/4 mile R/T???

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 10:32:47 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Just remember people...no like engine is built alike. Some have more power
> than others...some ping and other don't (we've already seen that).
>
> So, if he ran a 14.51 with his stock?? R/T...well, what do we have to
> disprove that? Now the only thing I didn't see was if any mods were done to
> the R/T...and more than likely, there were some mods done since the figures
> don't add up on the HP vs. 1/4 mile et and speed.)

I've had a R/T for about as long as anybody(3/98).
I remember when Dana B. Shane W. and Mike C. all were in the low 14's.
None of them did it on RS-A's, but all with very few mods.
Maybe a K&N drop in or a JET.
Duners 14.51 was "suspect" when it happened, too. Go back and look in the
archives for all the flames he took over it. That truck NEVER had a speed
limiter from the day he got it.....sounds like a Mopar performance computer was
installed before he bought it(or something)......but it was "stock" as far as he
knew.
In short, don't get all excited about low 14 stock R/T's, they're very few and
far between.
Alan S.
16.24 @ 84 bone stock 2 k miles