Re:r/t versus lightning?

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 18:54:52 EST

Truth is the Dakota R/T and the Ferd Lighting are the best looking
and performing trucks made today in my opinion. Special attention
to the R/T by the local lighting boy clubs proves its on their mind
as "the truck to beat" to be #1. Besides aren't we really glad to be
able to have this kind of performance selection from different truck
manufacturers? To bad chevy dosen't really have anything that stands
out as a performance truck (hehe, trying to start another fire).

BTW, I'm glad that old fart Ted O is still hanging around with his (L).
We gotta have someone to pick on (on slow days). ;)

GS -

"Competition makes the world go round"

Well, when the new Lightnings came along, the got their websites. On these
websites, they had a favorite target of humor, that target was a Dakota 5.9
R/T. It was called a joke, an embarrassment to the R/T nameplate, etc. They
said that no R/T would EVER take on of their Lightnings..... Well, some ole
R;/Ts boys decided to go over there and dispute this. When they told them
Lightnin' boys they could run with Lightnin's with their mods, them
Lightnin' boys called em liars, losers, and embarrassments to Sport Trucks.
This here lil squabble escalated into the war we see here today. Now, us
R/Ts thinkin' is, we didn't a start it, but we sure is gunna finish it! Ya
see, though it may sound unbelievable, these here Lightnin' boys got
everybody thinkin' all R/Ts are pigs and none are as fast as them there
Lightnin's. This just ain't true. And this is what we aimin' to prove, and
we also aimin' to get the respect and position we deserve as one of them
there Sport trucks, and a High performance vehicle. Even if'n by some
miracle we lose, if we can make a good show, it could go a long way to
helpin' us gain the respect we deserve! That help ya understand some Ron?
<<