Re: Dodge VS SVT Meet vital Info.

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 19:16:04 EST

In a message dated 12/18/00 3:13:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fastdak@superpa.net writes:

<<
 What about me, would I qualify for one of those idiots that runs a carb.
 even though it isn't a big block??? If you want my opinion, and again this
 is only my opinion, anybody can shoot 200hp shot of nitrous through a motor.
 I STRONGLY feel my truck was built with the original intentions in mind. I
 still have stock suspension, no tubbs or anything. Hell if I put the
 original wheels on it nobody could tell the difference unless it was
 running. ummmph, just cause I don't have no stinkin' computer tellin' my
 truck what to do :!)

 Scott Miller
 89 Shelby Dakota #322 - 360 C.I. V8 (12.25 @ 112.41 mph) "FASTDAK"
 95 SLT CC V8 5.2 auto

 Your gettin into a gray area. The fact remains that it is just so much
easier and cheaper to run better times with a carb than with the stock EFI.
I'b be running deep into the mid 11s on motor if I had one,but I prefer the
driveability of the EFI. I wouldn't so much mind your truck,but I must admit
I don't exactly relish the thought of going up against stroked 351s with
Victor Jrs on them. I think most people envisioned late model,EFI when this
shootout was conceptualized. I'd actually like for you to go,but you'll get a
lot of crap from Lightning owners when they see that carb.
Tom -->BTW my corrected all motor EFI times 12.2@111.8 ;)