Re: Dodge VS SVT Meet vital Info.

From: Scott Miller (fastdak@superpa.net)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 20:02:29 EST

> What about me, would I qualify for one of those idiots that runs a carb.
> even though it isn't a big block??? If you want my opinion, and again
this
> is only my opinion, anybody can shoot 200hp shot of nitrous through a
motor.
> I STRONGLY feel my truck was built with the original intentions in mind.
> still have stock suspension, no tubbs or anything. Hell if I put the
> original wheels on it nobody could tell the difference unless it was
> running. ummmph, just cause I don't have no stinkin' computer tellin' my
> truck what to do :!)
>
> Scott Miller
> 89 Shelby Dakota #322 - 360 C.I. V8 (12.25 @ 112.41 mph) "FASTDAK"
> 95 SLT CC V8 5.2 auto
>

> Your gettin into a gray area. The fact remains that it is just so much
> easier and cheaper to run better times with a carb than with the stock
EFI.
> I'b be running deep into the mid 11s on motor if I had one,but I prefer
the
> driveability of the EFI. I wouldn't so much mind your truck,but I must
admit
> I don't exactly relish the thought of going up against stroked 351s with
> Victor Jrs on them. I think most people envisioned late model,EFI when
this
> shootout was conceptualized. I'd actually like for you to go,but you'll
get a
> lot of crap from Lightning owners when they see that carb.
> Tom -->BTW my corrected all motor EFI times 12.2@111.8 ;)

Fact is Tom, my truck is just as streetable as any other dak. I have no
driveability problems, and cruise through town all the time. It's still got
full interior, and is far from a hacked up mess. Ask anybody that went to
Chryslers @ Carlisle, or the meet we had at cecil. Folks at cecil were
amazed I drove the truck 2 hours to get there, beat the hell out of it,
slapped on the radials and went back home, no problem.

I would love to know what my corrected times are, considering I don't have a
decent converter or the right gears YET. God forbid I ever put N20 on this
thing!!!

Oh well, I'll keep up with my bracket racing :~)

later