DML:Remote start/door locks, anyone??

From: David Zavetsky (zavetsky@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 11:13:50 EST

Any of you guys ever installed a remote car starter/alarm/remote entry
system before??

The wife gave me one for my Explorer (the Dak is in the garage for the
winter) and I was considering putting it in......

I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined and have some experience
with car stereos and smaller alarms...but never did a remote
start/locks........

The local joints want $150 and up to install.............Would this be $$
well spent or is this as simple as I *think* it should be??