Re: DML:Remote start/door locks, anyone??

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 15:23:47 EST

Jon, you're complaining that my alarms take too long to install? I see how
ya are man. Hehe

Like Jon said, it is time consuming. On the integra. we started at 10 p.m.
at night hoping it'd be done sometime around 3.

at 4 a.m. we couldn't figure the tach wire, and the 1 & 2nd ignition wires
out so I said "let's sleep and think about it in the morning" In reality,
we finished about 2:30p.m. the next day after going to the acura dealer.

As Jon also said, "not to be discouraging" but you WILL need a lot of time
to install this. I'd consider myself VERY inclined about electrical
components because I've been working with this stuff for a while and it did
kinda "kick my A$$"

One thing I want you to take into consideration. What kind of alarm are you
installing and IF it's a viper, I'd take it to an authorized installer. You
basically lose your warranty (in most cases) if it isn't installed by an
authorized retailler unless you got someone that'd help you warranty it out.
  Do what you want, but if it's your first alarm I'd go pay the 150 to have
it installed for the assurance it'd be done right. JMHO
-Dester