Fuel tank size

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 17:41:20 EST

I saw a thread about this recently so I wanted to chime in. My 99 4x4
with the Sport Plus and HD option groups was supposed to have a 22 gal
tank. I can never get more than 17.5 gals into it when the needle reads
E. So I assume I got shorted and received the smaller tank. I couldn't
imagine that there's another 4 gals left on the other side of E. I can't
seem to find my window sticker to confirm the right tank. Is there a way
of finding out option info like that through the VIN?