RE: Friend had a problem with DC...

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 11:27:04 EST

Call me crazy, but that sounds a lot like grand theft auto... and anyone
who barges into my house... well... forget the dog, BEWARE of the owner!

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

-
-Hey everyone. You know how it goes, bad press goes
-around more quickly than good press. A friend of mine
-here at work lost her brother Thanksgiving weekend.
-He has a massive heart attack, it was unexpected.
-Anyway, the brother had a Chrysler vehicle (not a Dak,
-I'm sorry to say) and did not have life insurance.
-There was about $2K left to pay off the vehicle. My
-friend, as his sister, had been in constant contact
-with Chrysler regarding what to do with the vehicle.
-
-On Tuesday afternoon there was an "investigator" that
-showed up to my friend's mother's house (her brother
-had lived there as well), when the mother answered the
-door the "investigator" (my friend was on the phone
-with her mother as this happened) pushed his way past
-her into the house, began interrogating her as to the
-whereabouts of the vehicle and scared the s*** out of
-her. My friend talked to him over the phone and told
-him to get out and that she would talk to him from his
-office.
-
-Well, last night at about 1am a tow truck pulled up
-and hauled away the vehicle. My friend had to run out
-in her pajamas to gather the last of her brother's
-belongings before they towed it off into the sunset.
-
-My friend spoke with these people constantly and they
-were nice over the phone. The way they treated her as
-she was attempting to sort out his possessions was
-inexcusable. I would suggest for anyone and everyone
-to be sure a plan is in place "just in case." I am
-only 24 but still have one. The lady told me "oh, you
-won't need that...you're healthy" but I made her
-reprint the paperwork to include the life insurance,
-"just in case."
-
-For anyone who has ever lost a loved one, I am sorry
-for the pain and sorrow... but also for this abuse you
-must endure. I don't wish it on anyone.
-
-Sorry for the long and sad post, but I am pissed that
-my friend is at work with tears streaming down her
-face from this incident. I am so angry for her, I
-just wanted to scream to someone. Thanks for letting
-me vent.
-
-Jodi
-