Re: 1991 Dakota Problem

From: loose wheels (1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 18:28:19 EST

Derek,
  I really don't know what the cause of your problem is but I do know that the Code 11 it not supposed to be a normal code. So I did a little looking into my Haynes manual, Chiltons manual, and the DML trouble code page to find out about the code 11. The Chiltons manual and DML page says, Code 11: No Crank reference signal at PCM/ No crank refernce signal detected during engine cranking. Which if you ask me that sounds rather confusing. While the Haynes says, Code 11: No distributor input signal. So I would say a good place to start looking is any connections on the distributor. If it was the fault of the IAC motor it should be showing a code 25. I hope that you won't have to replace the distributor. Though, before you do I would urge you to take the dak to have a full Diagnostic ran on it.

W.F.Wheels
91' CC 4X4 318ci

--- Derek Breault <derekbreault@yahoo.com>