1991 Dakota Problem

From: Derek Breault (derekbreault@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 15:35:47 EST

Alright guys-

I have a problem. My 1991 Dodge Dakota has a 5.2
Liter and wont run for longer than 15 seconds. The
computer only returns codes 11 and 12 through the
check engine light and those are normal codes. The
problem is with the idle control motor, which acts
spiratically. It will just go nuts - even if the
engine is not running and the ignition is on,
sometimes it will just dump gas into the TBI so, when
I start it up it ends up flooding itself out. A guy
told me this sounds like a MAP sensor problem. He
said this controls the idle control motor and wont
show up on the check engine code, just on a scanner.
So, what do you guys think? Let me know... Thanks!!!

Later,
Derek