Maintance Required Question

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 22:42:09 EST

I have a '91 Dodge Dakota LE 4X4 with a 5.2 liter engine. As I said
before, the maintenance required light on the dash is lit. Does this light
come on at certain mileages or does it only come on when something is
wrong. I checked with a local shop and the say they charge between $55-$75
to hook up the diagnostic rig and tell me what it says. Secondly, if it
only lights when something is wrong..... when I find and fix the problem
will the light go out, or does it take someone with the diagnostic rig to
clear the fault.

Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net