Re: Spanks and Ripoff artists

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 16:56:12 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "George T. Geissinger" <ustow@ptd.net>
> I guess it comes down to if it needed them you should have had them on
> already then there wouln't have been a bitch. I am a shop and I understand
> how it all works from both sides.
 I also think you have no bitch when you bring somthing
> in and it needs somthing so simple and haven't changed it themself. And
just
> because Wallmart sells blades for $6.00 apr doesn't mean I buy them for
> that., For a reg customer I would have charget list for the blades and
> porbably changed them for nothing but then it is my shop with me doing it
> and I couldn't stay in buisness paying a guy to do that kind of stuff
> without chargeing.

First I guess I should just clarify things a bit...... the blades worked
just fine when it rained 2 or 3 days ago. No streaking, no missed spots. I
was not of the opinion, before I went in, that they NEEDED changing. Now....
having said that, I was willing to let them pad the bill by adding wiper
blades...I would have had to change them sooner or later and I wanted my
damn truck inspected before month's end. What annoyed me is that they used
AC/Delco blades and charged me 20.00 PER BLADE to install them.

If that is what YOU consider to be fair labor, then I hope noone here gets
stuck by your padded bill any time soon either.

Preacher