RE: I LOVE MY TRUCK!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 23:22:45 EST

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am a winter novice out here in San Diego (93
F. yesterday),
but 2 weeks ago in our local mountains (40 min drive) we got 2' of snow...
and took my wife's
99 4x4 RT (5.2L, RT wheels, Durango RT tires, headers, you name it) up for a
little snow run.

AMAZING!!! Took a trail that was 1/2 mud, 1/2 snow...and after 10 miles or
so, turned around and
on the way back in the dark, had to drive back through 1" of snow that had
fallen in about 2 hours.
The truck had no problem whatsoever. Then decided to drive up the highway
towards the peak of the mountains-- CHAINS REQUIRED-- Having no chains but
lots of confidence, we proceeded cautiously up
the mountain road. We get to the top, drive around a few look out roads
with 1-2' of unplowed snow on them-- no problem. I did experience a small
amount of wheel spin, then realized I was still in 4 Full Time, and not
locked in 4 HI... Once in 4 HI no more wheel spin. I even tested the 4 w
ABS a few times, and was able to turn and stop where I wanted to, with only
a slight bit of pedal buzzing (ABS).. We even watched on the way down the
hill as a Durango 4x2, rear ABS only slid helplessly off the road into a
ditch-- pulled him and 2 other cars out of the ice area... then jammed down
the mountain and back home. Wish it would snow more!!! LOL!

Sam '00 RT & '99 4x4 RT (Sport)