RE: Re: RE: Re: V-6 MPG Tests 1 & 2

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 08:05:48 EST

Hey Cal!

On the 4.7L, I did do them separately. Mobil-1 gave me 1 mpg and the tonneau
gave me 2 mpg. The same happened on my 3.9L also. The tonneau gave me just
over 2 mpg (again with 80% highway). Back then, I tried Slick 50 and that
only gave me .5-.75mpg.

Slick 50 only has a cap-full of Teflon in it with the rest being regular
oil. Chances are it will not blend with your standard choice of oil. If you
are interested in using the Teflon to help with the friction, simply use a
Fram Double-Guard oil filter. It contains no oil, but has Telfon in it. This
way as the oil is filtered, it picks up the Telfon and delivers it to the
engine. Do not use one of these filters but every 50,000miles! People have
tried it and the rings on the pistons can not hold the oil back so they
start burning oil. Their thought was if it gave me 1-1.5mpg this time, why
stop using it? They found out. Of course you could also switch to Mobil-1
too!

50+psi?!?!? I hope he has a 4X2, otherwise he would not have any kidneys
left! The 19.5mpg with the '01 has 32psi at the time. With my schedule, I
can only conduct the test on Monday-Tuesday. Each week I will adjust the
pressure and record the average temperature and humidity. I should have a
nice chart when I'm through.

Have a great day!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!