RE: Re: RE: Re: Oil Consumption

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 16:51:57 EST

But it's more than just the oil. It fouls plugs which affects performance.
It may be more than one valve guide. It may be more than valve guides,
period. If I were using a qt every 3000 miles I would definitely get it
fixed. My 93 Caravan with 162,000 miles and a tiny, tiny leak at the rear
main won't use a ½ qt every oil change (4,000 miles). If I had to rip
things apart to do it, fine. I'll do the appropriate overhauls at this time
to rectify both the oil problem and maybe new valves or whatever else it
needs while I have it apart. No matter what, I'll end up with a better
engine and I'll sleep better.....but that's me. You can continue the extra
qt every 3,000 miles....hmmm...when do you change it?

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD