Re: Fog lights on with high beams

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 00:23:57 EST

Chuck,
I believe that turns on the fog lamps at all times the ignition is on. I've
seen that write up and I belive that's what the guy who wrote that up said.

I'm looking for the wiring scheme that allows you to turn on an off the fogs
at will, but if you have them on, they will stay on when you hit the high
beams.

At some time in the past there was a site that talked about briding a couple
of terminals on the head light switch or something.

Thanks,
John

<snip>
This was posted in the a.a.d.t. newsgroups a while back:

"I just checked out my fuse box under the hood. You remove the
nearest relay to the fender, you take a hefty piece of wire (14-16awg will
do fine) and make a jumper between the number 4 and number 3 slots. If you
take the relay and turn it over and look at the spades on the bottom of it,
they are numbered. The number 4 slot is the center slot of the 3 that are
together, the number 3 slot is the bottom slot closest to the fender. That's
all there is to it, save the relay by putting into a spare space, and enjoy
seeing better at night."
<unsnip>