Re: RE: NASCAR RANT - was "I found this on Fox."

From: Tom (Silver89) (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 11:09:17 EST

That much I do understand. Its not really too hard to figure out that human
body + 180 MPH + solid wall = real bad situation.

What I was spewing about was the alligatons that the modifications that NASCAR
said had to be done to the cars - may have contributed to and / or caused the
wrecks. And that those modifications were done as a way to boost the
ratings. I could be right - I could be wrong. There were some posts about
this earlier - and somone said the modifications would have made the cars
handle better. That may be so... but I can tell you one thing. The way the
cars were so close to eachother... thats not safer than what they had before.
<end rant>

yllwdkta wrote:

> it's a matter of your body and the pressures it can withhold! Anyone, no
> matter how much safety pieces are in use could still be killed because your
> organs move around. Think about it.
> EX:
> suppose your car is your body & you and your passengers are your organs.
> Obviously your organs are not securely attached to your body so this is like
> you are inside the car with out a belt. Now take all that and go 150+mph
> and suddenly stop. like you and your passengers in the car, your organs go
> flying forward. Now see how this problem is impossible to overcome.
>
> Sorry I went into so much detail but some people just don't understand the
> limitations of our body.

"She has a face that would make an onion cry"

Tom S.
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine
Site Updated - on 2/5/01
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x2
1989,V6,Auto,8 footer,4x4 w/snowplow (woohoo!!)