UPDATE - Timing Chain - and Crank Bolt

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 12:35:16 EST

Ok, here's the latest on my "do-it-yourself" tragedy. My best friend
brought me a tap from work. Turns out the bolt is a 3/4"-16. Now this
seems strange to me....why would the bolt have a metric head and a standard
thread??? I checked it myself, and sure enough that was it. I'm not
totally sure that it is indeed a 32mm head, because the socket was a bit
loose. Anyway, we ran the tap in. Looks like the first couple threads were
the problem. All seemed to have cleaned up great. Now, my new bolt should
be in today at the dealership. So the old Dodge may be up and running again
before the weeks out. Kyle...took you 15 hours to change the water
pump.....gonna take me a week to change the timing chain!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/