Re: 4.7 liter performance (bad andy)

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 08:24:14 EST

I love it when I hear the plural version of Cam !!!
 Hee heee hee!!

Mike Leach PCM
Leach Mike & CO
1443 West Collins Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
(714) 639-5220

Hughes TB (68mm TB being tested as we speak)
Also, Hughes has been provided with cams and heads for the 4.7L to begin R&D for perf. cams, and maybe ported heads.
Hughes Engines inc.
23334 Wiegand Lane
Washington, IL 61571-9589
(309) 745-9558

Exhaust systems: 21 century exhaust in Florida
I'll try to find the number for them.
Flowmaster cat back (4.7L), $170
sounds great, performance sucks (2hp)

The stock exhaust system is decent on the 4.7L, If you were to get headers, cats, muffler, and larger pipe, you might pick up 10-15 hp, maybe. but you're going to spend about a grand doing it. I say, go for the sound!

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5 spd
14.23 @ 94.49