Re: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 13:13:05 EST

I think I'm the one having the most problems.Mine will run hot if I don't
keep the elec. fan running,It won't hardly idle and frequently stalls if I
don't have the a/c compressor runnig to bump up the idle.
My magnesuim valve covers look like crap! They are pitted and flaking.I've
tried to polish/clean them,but all I seem to do is knock more of them off.My
motor seems to be weaker than when I got it.It sure doesn't pull as hard
where I drive it, between 400 and 1800 rpms.I have added radiator relief to
try and get the coolant temps to stay manageable,but I still have to run
both fans in the winter to keep it under 200.During the summer, I was having
to run the heater on full blast with both fans running to keep it under
200.It was brutal hell in Texas at 112* outside and the heater running full
blast inside the truck! If I stopped for any length of time,the temp gauge
would go up towards 210, and I would have to shut it off,which I don't like
to do.Glad to hear you're not having any problems though.Take care,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html