RE: RE: Re: Re: 4.7 to 3.7 = more problems???

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 14:10:10 EST

Jon, 200 concerns me greatly.I know most people wouldn't think twice about
it, but I do.I understand all about the Tstat not opening until 195.I know
that that's the way they built it.I just wish it would run 195*.I will be
installing a 180* or 160* stat the day it goes out of warranty,but until
then, I guess I'll just have to live with it and watch it real close.I have
NEVER let the truck get to 210*! It got to about 206-7 one day while I was
pumping fuel in it, at which point I shut it off and pushed it out of the
way where I could let it sit and cool off.I would never let it get to
210,under any circumstances! Can you say headgaskets??? What about cracked
heads?? Truck has been to be looked at.No problems could be traced.Pressure
in the system held very consistent,no leaks,clean coolant,no blockages,all
looked good. The valve covers(or are they cam covers Matt?) are puzzling
me.Some of them I look at seem like they don't do it, but I've also looked
at several that had it as bad or worse than I do.Anybody else with the 4.7L
having this problem??

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html