Another Dak is involved in an accident.

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 00:22:51 EST

Hi everyone,

As some of you might know, just got my Dak back from the shop (hit and run
damage) about the middle of this month. Today in the sears parking lot, the
poor Dak was t-boned by a 16-yr old girl in an Oldmobile Achieva. She was
going about 25mph when she hit the right front tire (and bumper), and
bounced off and somehow had enough momentum to hit behind the rear tire
taking out the rear tailight, scuffing the bumper corner, and putting a huge
dent in the side. Nobody was injured, thank goodness. But the Dak had to
be towed away (the right front was way off camber, the wheel/tire and the
toe-in were massively screwed up). Ugh. I'm supposed to make a road trip
down to Anchorage for Spring break too. Of course the insurance companies
don't know who is at fault - seeing how the intersection this happened at
didn't have any stop/yield signs (I thought I had the right of way). I'm
hoping it will be ruled out as her fault....otherwise I'm going to have to
bring up a lawsuit or something blaming sears for inadequate signs and lack
of lot maintenance (there was no gravel on the hardened 2" ice in the
parking lot). I'll know tomorrow what how much damage $$$ was done. Ugh,
I just thought I should vent out, and well i'm going to take pics in the
morning. Sorry for such a long post! :(

Darren Asuncion
University of Alaska at Fairbanks
dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999
'99 Intense Blue CC 4x4, Sport +, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55lsd (8.25"), 4wheel
ABS, and major damage on the right side (new feature I didn't want)...