Re: RE: Lift Kit

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 18:43:42 EST

The key word here is "2000." I believe I heard that they went
to the rack-and-pinion steering for this model year and that the
lift kits from Rancho and T.C. will not work on '00+ 4x4's. I
also remember someone else on the list asking this same question
to T.C. directly and the reply from T.C. was that they had no
plans to modify to their current kit to work with the rack &
pinion. I'm not sure if Performance Accessories has worked up a
'00+ body lift kit for the Dak yet, but you could check with
them. A 2" lift will allow 33" tires if you get new wheels
(change the back spacing) so they don't rub at full steering
lock. Good luck.

JY