Re: R&D Performance Throttle Bodies

From: frank golembieski (editzero@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 02:42:06 EST

ok as for the loose butterflies i bought a shaft and
butterflies from R&D and there were loose also the one
on the cam side was .006 and the one on the tps side
was .010 or at least that is the size of shimstock i
had to use to get them tight . Went a little deep on
the countersink did ya . the screws bottom out on the
shaft not the butterflies . So i just reversed
enginered and made some blueprints as long as i had
some extra time CMM got to love AutoCad .
--- Shane Moseley <smoseley@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> RDPerform@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Was just poking through the archives and noticed
> that my previous
> > "competition" had alot of bad mouthing as to the
> quality of my ported
> > throttle bodies. What I'm asking you folks is, how
> is your TB holding up?
> >
> > One person mentioned that the TBs butterflies were
> loose - this was only on
>
> <snip>
>
> Even tho I realize this is an extremely touchy topic
> - I would have to agree with
> Patrick. Mostly because I haven't seen any actual
> evidence of poor quality -nor-
> have I seen any evidence of poor business practices
> (as I believe Patrick had
> some medical issues that kept him from attending to
> his business). What I have
> seen - and now have experience with - is my personal
> purchase of a TransGo shift
> kit. It was ordered and shipped in a timely
> fashion, arrived brand new, unopened
> and I saved over $100 by doing business w/him. I
> personally would have to
> recommend his business and products as do some of my
> friends.
>
> Unfortunately some had complaints w/him. Just like
> some had complaints (very
> similiar complaints actually) with other TB vendors
> right here on the DML. Make
> up your own mind - I did - and haven't regretted it.
>
> Latr,
>
> Shane
>
> ps - I haven't heard of a single complaint from
> Hughes Engines re: their TBs (or
> any other product they sell). There you go - now
> everyone has a place to feel
> comfortable when buying TB's...
>
> --
> '96

IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
> '96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"
> '74 Triple-Black Dodge Challenger Rallye 360
> home-brew EFI R&D vehicle
> '68 Black Corvette Convertible 427 (For Sale)

=====
Frank G
http://members.onecenter.com/autoworld/dakota/index.html
Mopar or no truck