Re: RE: 1996 NP231 D Dakota Transfer Case needed...

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 21:53:20 EST

In a message dated Sun, 4 Mar 2001 4:01:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Jon Smith" <jon@fast4x4.net> writes:

<< may I inquire as to how you blew it? :)

Off road abuse dammaged the Vehicle speed sensor, and it leaks, then I let it run low (dry) on fluid and didn't know it, and smoked a bearing (many?) and stretched the chain. Stupidity on my part, on the plus side I can still drive it, I just took off the front shaft, I think I may have driven it as far as 1000 miles DRY I'm impressed it still moves!

Luke...