Re: Re: 4.7 Borla Headers; Big Disappointment

From: Signman615@cs.com
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 08:52:34 EST

In a message dated 3/11/01 12:31:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
OLZNUT@webtv.net writes:

<< As much as I hate to say this, thanks for doing the dirty work for me
 and making up my mind. I was "THIS" close to getting them!! I guess I'll
 have to aim toward somehing else instead for now, like TB, intake, Jet
 2, or, wait, something I really need for when the going gets tough, a
 Powertrax No Slip, yeah, that's it!!! Who has the best prices on any of
 the above mentioned items?? >>

If I were you I'd make the TB my next upgrade. It was one of the first things
I did. Unfortunately I paid way too much for mine and got really bad customer
service from Magnum Performance. I didn't know anyone else even did TB's.
This was before I got my computer and had access to places like this. I won't
get started on what happened there, just say that in my opinion, you should
definitely get your TB from somewhere else. The TB won't give you much in HP
gains but the improvement in throttle response will make it feel as if you
did. I would stay away from the Jet module. I had one of these also but took
it back after noticing no difference at all. They are using the same part no.
for 4.7's as they are on the 5.2's and 5.9's. I'm sorry but the 4.7 is a
totally different designed engine and the "one module fits all" just doesn't
fly with me. As far as the best prices on the TB, I'll let some of the other
guys help you on that one. I got my headers from Truck Performance because
they had the best price but their customer service sucked as well. They're
advertising the JBA's for $390 and that's what I originally ordered. They
told me they didn't have any in stock but that they could have them to me in
7 working days. Then when I called back to check on status they said they
were on backorder. I then E-mailed JBA and found out on my own they're not
available to the public. I made Truck Performance give me the Borla's for the
JBA's price even though they were originally more expensive. Then they loose
my order so when I call to see where the headers are they tell me it will be
another 7 working days. Next when I finally get the Borla's there are two
right hand headers in the box. Call TP and demand they overnight me another
set to make things right after all the problems I've had. They do but charge
my credit card $50 for the overnight fee. I haven't called them on this yet
but I will on Monday and I will be speaking to a manager or owner. The entire
header project from start to finish turned into a nightmare. Anyway these are
just my opinions on a couple of companies and the throttle bodies. Hope this
helps someone. I remember what it was like before I got the computer and
didn't have access to people giving me opinions on products and companies.
Just taking big risks with everything. Most performance parts are considered
specialty items and are nonreturnable so think hard before you spend and do
some research. Peace!

Paul
00 4x4 CC 4.7 Kenne Bell Supercharged