Still Stalling!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 23:19:12 EST

Well over the past two weeks my truck has ran fairly well, only having one
or two stalling situations. I would say this last week though the truck
really hasnt had any problems and has ran very well. I put 300 miles on it
from Friday to today.Well today I replaced the AIS(aka IAC) Sensor and the
Throttle Position Sensor. I ran errands all day, and put probably another
100 miles on my truck without a glitch. It had a little more pep to it
actually. I get to my girlfriends apartment, and about an hour later I am
about to leave in my truck. I go to start it and it just cranks and cranks
and cranks. There was fuel pressure also, cause I checked at the relief port
and tons came out; So I know there was plently of fuel pressure. Typically
when the pump dies, the fuel will just just trickle out of this test port.
All connections are fine at the coil and there is spark. Well I think that
the MSD Ignition died again, so I unplug the MSD unit and plug back in the
stock unit. It fires right up! Then about 1/2 block away it stumbles bad
when attempting to accelerate from a stopsign and dies. Luckily it restarts
and I drive about 40 more yards where is dies again and wont restart. Just
cranks, cranks, cranks. Once again, plenty of fuel pressure and there is
spark. I try to keep restarting it and finally after 3 times trying it stays
running. It ran for about one minute then dies. I tried to restart is yet
again and after many cranks it fires up and is idling rough. As I go to pull
away it dies and wont restart. I push it off to the side and hit the
hazards. So I unplug the stock ignition and plug back in the MSD unit. It
fires right up and is idling great. I drove it about 1 mile before it
started to try to die. I put the tranny in neutral and revved the heck out
of it to keep it from stalling. I drove home about another mile or so and it
died once more, but restarted just fine. What is going on here? I have an
Bosch 02 Sensor I am going to install this week; probably once I get home
from work actually(weather pending). Hopefully I can get to work in the
morning! HELP!
Parts replaced since this problem started:
-TPS Sensor
-MAP Sensor
-AIS Sensor
-Dist. Pickup Coil, aka 'Hall Effect' Sensor
-Autolite Copper Plugs
-NAPA Brass Dist. Cap
-NAPA Dist. Rotor
-I have a 02 Sensor waiting installation and debating on wethere or not a
plugged/bad catalytic converter would cause all this crud. I dont think so
since it is very intermittent; lately atleast. Could a plate within the
battery be shorting out and causing the truck to stall? Couldnt be the
starter solenoid, could it? Any suggestions and help would be greatly
appreciated.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6