RE: RE: RE: motorcycle picks (off topic)

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2001 - 01:59:51 EST

Nope, it was the Superhawk.. 996 cc twin.

http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/models/2000/sport/superhawk/index.html

Incredible bike... I will eventually ride again, and this time
go for a bike like this (not a touring bike, not a rocket... just
a little bit of both)... A honda Valkarye ? is another wild one...
Street Cruiser-- and it'll blow the doors off most any Harley.

RT Content-- Nearly got a new truck today.

Grandma was on my azz on the way off of the fwy... I slowed in the 's'
turn torwards the light, the light turned yellow, and I slowed to stop.
Grandma locked up the front tires and skid nearly 50'... just as she
was about to hit me I scooted forward a little.. then a little more...then
a little more (all the while her minivan was going SCREEEEEEECH). She
stopped
with a foot of my RT, and my front fender was completely into the
intersection.

The next light, she swings along side and gives me this nasty look and
shakes
her finger at me... I said "F U Grandma" under my breath... I was pissed..
She
would have creamed my truck, my wife and I would probably been hospitalized.
30 mph rear end accident in a regular cab (no seat movement)..plus my wife
is
pregnant...After that, she nearly ran into 2 cars sweving in and out of
traffic.

Sam '00 RT