Re: home from VMP

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 18:36:27 EST

 It looks like I missed a good time from all of the reports I've been
reading. I'm glad to hear that at least it tuned out to be a sunny day down
there. 98.3mph ! That's some very serious top end, considering it was at
VMP with a prominent headwind in a naturally aspirated magnum motored 4x4 CC
;0

Shane Baker
'98 Dak R/T RC
13.704 @ 98.06 (at CECIL w/ TAILbreeze ;)

In a message dated 3/19/01 10:27:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, jon@fast4x4.net
writes:
> What a blast! Thanks to Scott Miller I'm not able to claim the quickest
> times :) There were a lot of awesome looking trucks, I hope that I met
> everyone there although I can't remember all the names :) I was sweating
> the weather friday night, raining on and off, the weather man calling for
> mostly cloudy skys in the mid 50s... turned out Saturday was blindingly
> sunny and in the 60s, with a strong (10-15mph???) headwind, right down the
> track :(
>
> Due to some technical difficulties, I only made 2 passes, which was fine
> with me :)
>
> 1st was against a newer F-150 CC, VA tags "1N2 Racn" he ran a 16.8 @ 78.67
> to my 14.72 @ 97.2 :-D
> 2nd was against Mr. Tim Berry purple> his 16.3 @ 79 to my 14.4 @98.3mph