Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jet Chip vs Mopar Computer - which to use??

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 17:47:41 EST

In a message dated 3/20/01 5:25:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ron-wong@home.com writes:

> You are probably right. I don't know about 92 318's. I just know that not
> every Dak engine's rev limiter gets changed to 6200 going from stock to HP.
> Mine doesn't.

Keep in mind that just because your limiter lets you rev that high that you
should wind every gear out to 6000 rpm. The reason our motors are set for
5200 stock is because after that our valve springs begin to play basketball
with the valves, and you lose more HP due to unstable valving than you gain
from the extra rpm. I changed to MP valvesprings and retainers to alleviate
this problem, but even with that I don't shift after 5000 rpm.
      Anyone wanna key in on this?

-Austin
Vipertruck
6.0 supercharged V8