RE: IAT box & dyno results

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 00:12:40 EST

(1) It simply taps into the existing IAT sensor harness (two wires need to
be cut near the sensor connector...very easy installation). The factory IAT
sensor is located on the passenger-side front of the Intake Manifold (big
brass looking "thingy"). IAT (or AIT) is the Intake Air Sensor (been on
vehicles since 1980's).

(2) Since the IAT is actually just a thermistor, the box allows you to vary
the temperature setting to the PCM by simply turning a dial. Factory temp
readings range from 160-210 degrees. Best performance is colder than that.

It works on Supercharged, Normally Aspirated, Race or Daily drivers.

- Bernd