4.7 69mm TBs first steps..

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@flometrics.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 11:59:28 EST

Thanks to Jason M for offering his clean 4.7 CC for testing the first F&B
4.7 Prototype 69mm TB! So far results are inconclusive. After bolting it up
we experienced some prototype teething pains with a sticky shaft. Once that
was corrected we went to the track for some real time testing... The track
was packed and the humidity was 100%...Temps were in the 60s. Every one was
having a hard time hooking up... My truck runs a consistent 2.2 60ft at this
track without me trying.. my best Sat was a 2.365...very slippery. Jasons
60ft varied between a 2.4 and a 2.7 I think...his Best E/T was a 15.7 But
his top speed was right around 89 mph... After 4 runs (two with the 69mm and
two with the stock TB) we couldnt make heads or tails of the
data...Hopefully the dyno will be easier to get a good test on... We will
see on Tuesday!
Bruce