Re: More on the Syntec/Mobil 1 story

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 18:48:09 EST

The engine in my '93 4x4 v-8 Dakota was built for a supercharger application.
Part of the plan included slightly more piston to cylinder wall clearance, so
that the piston would have more room to expand under the higher operating
temps. I tried switching to synthetic on two seperate occasions, only to find
that I would suddenly have a very noticeable oil consumption problem. Every
time I went back to regular oil, the problem disappeared. The synthetic oil
definately had a much easier time getting past the rings.