Re: RE: Rear disk conversion kits

From: KenneallyIII@Gateway.net
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 20:13:20 EST

Good luck! I've heard of the Stainless Steel Brake conversion before, but I
have no personal experience with it. If you go through with it, let me know
how it comes out. I got a set of 17" rims for my '93 specifically so that I
would have plenty of room for brake upgrades (i.e.- bigger rotors up front
and discs out back). I've been curious about the Stainless kit, as it's the
only real upgrade available for the gen. 2 Dakotas (if I'm wrong about this,
I would appreciate any info anyone reading this might have about big brake
conversions). I've heard that these grooved and slotted stock size front
discs are not much of an improvement. Also, has anyone ever heard of a way to
replace the stock single-piston front calipers with multi-piston units
(possibly Wilwood)?