Not a good weekend

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 18:16:49 EDT

Well guys, I went for another dyno run this weekend. I took with me a new
smaller pulley for the paxton (gave me 11.89# boost), some larger jets for
the NOS kit, a new aluminum radiator, a 160 thermo, twin 12" fans and the
boxed frame. Well, while the Dakado was on the dyno (after the pulley swap
and changing the jets out) we went for a run. Something didn't feel just
right with the idle, but I decided to try it anyway. At about 4800 screaming
rpm, and it was doing DAYUM good up till then, the blower decided to drop the
impeller and shred itself. Down the intake went all the pieces. Needless to
say, the 408 had met its match. It could take the air/fuel, but didn't do
too well with the metal shreds. Back to the drawing board. :o(

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"