More Oil Stuff

From: Greg (skipjack@radix.net)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 22:42:52 EST

I just picked up my factory ordered 2001 Dak Sport in Patriot Blue and have
been following the synthetic oil posts from this group. I still have two
questions:
1. When should the first oil change take place. I have always heard that
the first oil change should take place around 1000 miles because of all the
new engine metal shavings that are floating around.
2. Should I immediately switch to a synthetic oil or should I continue to
use the old dino juice. I 've heard that dino oil should be used for
several thousand miles while the engine sets or breaks in.
I save the Amsoil, Redline, Mobile 1 oil/filter selection questions for
another time. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Greg